8.1 General Preferences
The ‘General’ preferences screen can be used to configure basic CallSwitch Communicator features such as launching the application at startup, checking for updates automatically, or whether to initiate a call or chat when a Contact is double-clicked.
- Launch application at startup - allows CallSwitch Communicator to start up automatically when the operating system starts.
- Language - select your language from the drop-down menu or use the ‘Add language’ drop-down to change the language. Please note, language changes require a restart of the CallSwitch Communicator application before they take effect.
- Always on Top - select from the drop-down to choose whether your call window is always shown on top of other windows or elsewhere.
- Updates - allows CallSwitch Communicator to automatically check for the latest updates.
- Diagnostic Logs - logs all SIP and PWProxy information.
- Tray icon blink duration - set how long the tray icon will blink to inform you of pending CallSwitch Communicator notifications.
8.2 Contacts Preferences
The ‘Contacts’ preference screen can be used to import Contacts into CallSwitch Communicator.
- Enable CallSwitch Communicator Plugin in Outlook - enables you to make a call from within Microsoft Outlook using CallSwitch Communicator.
- Enable adding of Outlook Contacts - displays your Outlook Contacts in the CallSwitch Communicator Contact list.
- Enable Google Contacts integration - displays your Google Contacts in the CallSwitch Communicator Contact list.
- Proxy settings
- Use proxy server - enter proxy and port details, if requested to do so by your administrator.
8.3 Phone Preferences
The ‘Phone’ preferences screen can be used to configure your basic phone settings.
- 'General’ tab
- Hide keypad - after you place a call, the CallSwitch Communicator Phone module will be hidden.
- “Audio devices” tab
- Ring Volume – You can change the volume of your ring tone.
- Input device
- ‘Dialing rules’ tab
- Set dialling rules for outbound calls - for example, if you copy and paste in a phone number that starts with a ‘+’ symbol, it will be replaced with the international dialling code ‘00’.
- “Speed dial” tab
- Here you can add, edit and remove contacts to your speed dial.
- “Codecs” tab
- Here you can enable codecs.
- ‘Advanced’ tab
- Register every - select the frequency, in seconds, with which CallSwitch Communicator will re-register the SIP softphone.
- Local SIP port - set which port to bind on locally on the PC. Leave empty to use any available port.
- Logging level - set the port logging level.
- Send keep-alives - allows CallSwitch Communicator to send SIP keep-alives to the server. Contact your system administrator for more information on this setting.
8.4 Video Preferences
The ‘Video’ preferences screen can be used to change video call resolution and to configure IP surveillance cameras.
- ‘Quality’ tab
- Resolution - change the quality of your video. For example to suit low bandwidth scenarios.
- “Codecs” tab
- Here you can enable codecs.
- “Devices” tab
- If you have more than one camera and want to switch, select it from the drop-down list.
- ‘Surveillance camera’ tab
- Enable surveillance camera - enables you to view the video stream from your IP surveillance camera.
- Always on top - option to always display the surveillance camera window above other windows.
- URL - the URL of your IP surveillance camera
8.5 CRM Preferences
- Popup Options
- Logging options
8.6 Alerts Preferences
The ‘Alerts’ preferences screen can be used to enable visual and audio notifications of activities.
- Notifications - decide when CallSwitch Communicator should send notifications:
- Notify me when I receive a phone call.
- Notify me when a Contact comes online.
- Notify me when I receive a new message.
- Notify me when somebody joins a conference.
- Notify me when call is finished.
- Sounds - play sound notifications when Contacts sign in or new chat messages are received.
8.7 Chat Preferences
The ‘Chat’ preferences screen can be used to configure CallSwitch Communicator's Group Chat settings.
- Automatically set status to Away when I am idle for - if no activity takes place on your computer for a set number of minutes, CallSwitch Communicator will show your status as ‘Away’. The period of time you would like to specify for this can be selected here.
- Show status change messages in Chat window - if your status changes to ‘Away’ or ‘Busy’ during a chat, a message will displayed to Contacts who are participating in the chat. For example ‘John Smith went away'.
- Send my “Seen” status in Chat window. If disabled, you will not be able to see others “seen” status
8.8 Profile Preferences
The ‘Profile’ preferences screen can be used to launch the Profile Wizard - where you can create, edit and remove CallSwitch Communicator profiles.
- Click ‘Add’ to create a new profile with the Profile Wizard.
- Click ‘Edit’ to edit an existing profile with the Profile Wizard. Please note, you cannot be currently logged into the profile that you wish to edit.
- Click ‘Remove’ to remove an existing profile from the list. Please note, you cannot be currently logged into the profile that you wish to remove.
8.9 Advanced Preferences
The ‘Advanced’ preferences screen can be used to configure advanced CallSwitch Communicator settings. As new features are added, additional advanced settings will be available on this screen.
- Polycom - users of Polycom IP desk phones should enter their Polycom listening port here.