The main menu bar appears across the top of the CallSwitch Communicator window once you have successfully logged into your account. It provides access to many key areas of the application:
2.1 File menu
- Log Out - logs out from active connection(s).
Exit - logs out from active connection(s) and close the CallSwitch Communicator application.
2.2 View menu
- Chat History - shows the history of chat conversation with your Contacts.
- Departments - adds a drop-down menu of company departments to the main CallSwitch Communicator window.
- Fax History - shows the history on inbound and outbound faxes.
- Contacts - lets you select how you would like to view your contacts list.
Diagnostic Logs – shows all activity that is taking place on the system.
2.3 Tools menu
- Web browser add-ons - installs browser add-ons, which allow you to select and dial a phone number directly from a web page. Supported browsers are Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Chrome.
- CallSwitch edition - selects the edition of CallSwitch Communicator that you wish to use (Business) according to your license. If you are unsure which edition you are licensed to use, please contact your TelcoSwitch account manager or TelcoSwitch customer services.
- Shared configurations - gives you the option to enable shared configurations which means all user on this computer will share the same login account, phone mode and edition.
Preferences - opens the CallSwitch Communicator ‘Preferences’ (settings) window.
2.4 Contacts menu
- Sort Contacts by status - sorts your Contacts according to their status.
- Sort Contacts alphabetically - sorts your Contacts in alphabetical order.
- Show only online users - displays only the Contacts that are currently online.
Privacy List - shows your blocked and hidden users.
2.5 Help menu
- CallSwitch Help - opens the online support documentation in a web browser.
- Check for updates - checks online for official product updates.
- About - shows information about the currently installed version of CallSwitch Communicator